Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fright Fest 2011

Last night was the annual Fright Fest for Noah Webster Basic School, and as usual it was a blast for the kids!!! This year for Halloween I really wanted a theme costume that the entire family could wear. Brian HATES to dress up so I had a problem there, and Rayle was being stubborn about being something that was from Batman. I did not want to be CatWoman!!! So as I was searching I found that the Ghostbusters would totally work, and Brian was cool with that idea!!! Last night we had so many people telling us how great we all looked. It was pretty cool! Before we entered the school we were putting on the packs and some of the teachers were waiting patiently for us to enter to snag a family picture. It was very fun. Later the principle even stopped us to capture another image. The boys really enjoyed the night as did Ashlyn. There were someblow up slide and obstacle course and she did NOT want to wait her turn. She was so cute! On the slide they had to climb up this very steep steps/hand holds, not sure how to explain it. I think that the slide was probably 40 feet high though! I told the boys to help her and of course they took off. Ashlyn was left to climb herself, thankfully one of the workers climbed up after her to make sure she didn't fall or if she needed help. Then when she reached the top she ran to the other side and slid down, I totally missed it. People said she went flying and I thought she would have been scared, oh no she wanted to go again. The Haunted Ghost Town was hilarious! I was really amazed at all the cool things they have like pictures that change images and such. I have never gone in before so it was fun to help scare the kids. Ashlyn HATED it!!! All in all it was a great night! On Monday I am going to see if I can track down the person that took our family picture and see if I can get a copy. I took a picture with my phone, but I took it so I am not in it. :( This is the only fundraiser that the school has to help raise funds for their school. I love this fact as my children are not asked to make sales and take donations for the school. Then later in theyear they do a fundraiser for a non-profit. Last year they did a food drive, and the year before that they did a donation for Andrea's Closet that buys toys for hospitals for sick children. I really think that is helping our children to see that others matter and it's not about a prize, it's about helping those in need!!! I am excited to see what this year will bring!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: