Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Spirit Week

Today is Decades Day with the choices of 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. I did the 50's in the past with Teagan white tee with jeans rolled up (check back here), but I wanted to do more than that. I loved growing up in the 80's and being born in 81 I do remember the side pony tail, shirt rolled to the side, big hair, and Cyndi Lauper was really my all time FAV!!! With boys though I think its hard to come up with ideas. Girls 50's poodle skirt pink ladies jacket, 60's pencil skirt cool hats, 70's flowery dresses bell bottoms, 80's BIG hair t-shirt neck cut out pull to the side. With boys I was coming up blank. I decided we will do 80's overalls one strap down, anything that would make Michael Jackson jump out from his grave MC Hammer pants. (Did you sing it? I did) When I went to Goodwill, there were NO options that could work, it was sparse pickings seriously! I really didn't have time to track down apparel for school dress up. So I knew that Teagan has two pair of cords and Rayle could borrow one. I have plain white tees and so went and I got a tie-dye kit and made up some shirts. I also found some patches to go with the theme. Most importantly the boys loved them.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments: