Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lego Man Army

I made a bunch of lego man last week and it looked like an army of them. So fun and I am glad I used candy melts and not just chocolate because the yellow made those little guys POP!!!
I got this "ice cube tray" from the Lego store online. The actual store stopped selling them :(
Instead of water I used these yellow candy melts to fill my tray!

Brian was funny he said I need a double boiler, which I have but the bottom I use all the time as a pan and it was dirty, so I microwaved the melts instead. I think I know what I am doing, but don't tell Brian that! ;)
 Here the melts spooned in. I placed the tray in the freezer for about 5 minutes and...

 I have a perfect little lego man that was going to be used as a cupcake topper! So fun. I made probably about 40 of these little guys. Ashlyn eat oh about 8 of them. When I made my cupcakes she got into those too so when I was decorating I actually had the EXACT number of lego men for cupcakes I had frosted. What are the chances!?! Teagan loved them and all the kids thought they were pretty cool too!!!

No comments: