Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teagan was Baptized

This last Saturday, May 26th, Teagan was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I can't believe he is 8 already and now baptized. Honestly where has the time gone?!?! Teagan has been pretty excited for this day to come. Last month we were able to go to another baptism for a boy in our ward, so that one Teagan could support his friend, and then also see how it was going to go down. I am a little sad because there was like NO DIRECTION from the stake about when to be there to prep for the baptism so the boys barely were dressed before it all started. I had wanted to get some pictures of Teagan, and the family and well that flew out the door. Here are the few pictures I was able to snap, and I felt like everyone was like who's the crazy with the camera. But I wanted to make sure I have these pictures so we can look back and remember what a special day it was. Teagan came up out of the water with the HUGEST smile anyone has ever seen. It was seriously priceless. After the baptism and the confirmation Ashlyn kept saying "my turn I go to the water" and she was all about trying to get daddy to take her to the "water" for her turn at some swimming. Hon you have to wait a little over five years for "your turn!" All in all it was a good day. Afterwards, some family and friends joined us at home and we had BBQ chicken sandwiches, baked beans, pasta salad, fruit, and some desserts. It was nice to relax and enjoy the company of others. 
Teagan before we realized we should have shown up at least 30 minutes before we had!
 Brian and Teagan.
 After a hasty change the boys are ready for the baptism.
 Proud mom and Teagan.
 Rayle was really having a hard time with this, just two more years. He however is like Ashlyn and does not want to wait his turn.
On a side note yesterday I took the kids to Chic-fil-a for dinner and there was another mom with an 8 and 5 year old little boys. Rayle mentioned that Teagan got baptized on Saturday and then asked if their 8 year old was baptized too. I told him not everyone believes in getting baptized. It was funny but maybe that mom will some day look into why children are baptized at 8. I don't know maybe I should have said something more. But it completely caught me off guard. Silly boy!

No comments: