Sunday, August 5, 2012

Braids, Braids, Braids

I am glad that I know how to braid, and also that Ashlyn is willing to sit still while I brain her hair. I have been trying to think of cute braids on my own, but I do get lots of ideas from a great blog found here. Ashlyn's hair is long enough that I can start to do more intricate braids, but I have noticed that I wish it was a few inches longer some times. I am sure we will get there soon, as her hair grows pretty fast. Here is a style I have done a few times in her hair.
 Here is the front.
 I spilt the hair down the middle and french braided both sides. Then about 1/3 of the way the back half of hair was separated and I held it waiting. I finished up the two french braids and braided the entire section of hair. I then french braided the bottom half, and I added the finished braids into the hair as well. 
 A little off to the left side, but oh well. I did this style for church and it looked much better the second time around. I had also started the bottom french braid a little higher up and it looked a lot cleaner. Also it is hard to hide the bands, if her hair were longer I would not bind the braid but add it all together into the bottom french braid. 
A side view of Ashlyn's cute head!

No comments: